A top priority of the STEM Council is to help improve learner interest and achievement in STEM subjects. To help meet this goal, 10 exemplary STEM programs have been selected to be available on the STEM Scale-Up Program menu in 2019-2020. The application is now open for educators across the state interested in implementing these programs in the classroom and out-of-school.
The impact of the STEM Scale-Up Program continues to grow year after year. In addition to students scoring higher on Iowa Assessments, past STEM Scale-Up Program educators shared that programs had positive impact on their students in other ways, including:
- An increase in excitement, engagement and motivation in STEM content areas.
- Developments in personal and educational areas, such as critical thinking, problem solving, confidence and perseverance.
- Improvement to their ability to work in groups and collaborate with other students on various STEM-related projects.
Impacting more than 543,000 students since 2012, the STEM Scale-Up Program once again offers strong STEM programming in 2019-2020. The ten programs available on the STEM Scale-Up Program menu include:
- Curriculum for Agricultural Science Education (CASE) Food and Science Safety
- Computer Science Discoveries
- Computer Science Fundamentals
- Computer Science Principles
- Engineer Your World
- Light and Shadow
- Making STEM Connections
- Pint Size Science
- STEM in Action
- STEM Innovator
For more information about the 2019-2020 STEM Scale-Up Programs or to apply, visit www.IowaSTEM.gov/Scale-Up